Monday, February 14, 2011

Royal Garden Chinese Restaurant

As part of my birthday present - the Husby got me a gift certificate to my favorite dim sum restaurant... Royal Garden at the Ala Moana Hotel.  It's my "go to" place for dim sum mainly because I enjoy the fact that the you're able to peruse the carts of dim sum to pick out your choices (and they have a LOT of choices) and they serve Juk (a rice porridge).

The Husby and I had a late morning and didn't arrive until about 1:30pm.  Which is a shame and a blessing all at the same time... you see, there weren't too many customers there - so there was no actual vying for attention of the dim sum carts, however most of the carts were already out of commission.  We were lucky though... cause we were still able to snag my favorite dishes before they closed at 2pm.  

Here is the list of things we got... 
Lookfun Roll w/Beef
Chicken Feet w/Black Bean Sauce
  • Chicken Feet w/Black Bean Sauce
  • Char Sui Bao (Manapua) 
  • Chicken & Scallop Juk 
  • Lookfun Roll w/Beef
  • Mochi Pork 
  • Pan-fried Turnip cake 
  • Pork & Spinach Dumpling 

Unfortunately we weren't able to get a picture of each of the delicacies... this is my fault, I could barely stop myself from eating them before we could get a pic.  

Their staff today seemed unhelpful at first (we had to flag one down for water), but happily once we got his attention - we were able to get ALL of our delicious dim sums delivered promptly.  Our one gripe about the dishes was that the Lookfun Roll had cilantro in it... a big "no no" for us, but for those that love the herb... right on!  

Can't wait to go back... I'm craving the chicken feet and juk.  Don't knock it til you try it.  You just might like it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment